Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm ALIVE!!

YES!

I know I can get slack sometimes, but who would've thought it'd take 7 odd months to update the progress of the car! seriously!

Well where do I start? Alot has happened since so i'll do my best to cover all the ups & downs...

Continuing from the last post with the installation of the gauges, steering spacer, re-enforced control arms & wheel spacers my next highly anticipated mod was the new clutch!

The clutch would've had to been the main replacement required to get the car sideways in 2nd + gears so I decided to get all of the transmission gear sorted in the one hit along with replacement turbo lines, new fuel pump & fixed fuel pump mounts. Within that annual mod bite I purchased the following:
- Exedy 5 puk Cushion Button clutch
- Nismo Transmission Mount
- Nismo Release Fork Pivot
- Nissan Rubber Shroud (was missing; hence my random oil droplets)

- Greddy Rocker Arm Stoppers
- Bosch 040 Fuel Pump
- Braided Turbo Lines


During the period of receiving the parts I had ordered, I was in the process of moving into my new apartment with two other room-mates, though things didn't turn out all that flash... Parts were sitting in my room (covered of course) and within the first 10 days of living there a group of scum ass's decide to steal the wheels off my car & leaving the car on bricks.

Yes, it was a huge kick in the nuts to wake up one morning to find it like that... But somehow luck spun my way & I managed to track the theives down along with my wheels!

Note - I still managed to get all of the parts installed & car prep'd for winton before the recovery of the wheels, which was only one week.

Between now & then much has been spent on the vechile, rather than babbling on about the specifics i'll simply list the mods that have been done; to paint the picture abit clearer.
- Cusco Power-Brace
- Cusco Drift Button
- Cusco Harness Brace
- Monza Race Harness
- Work RS Wheel Nuts
- Work Emotion CR KAI (pair) 18x9.5 +22
- KOYO 52mm Radiator
- Custom 5-point Rollcage
- Custom 3" straight Exhaust w/ Extruded Twin Tips
- Custom Solid Gear Shifter
- Bride Ergo 1.5 passenger seat (which is currently drivers)
- URAS Clear Parkers w/ strobes
- Yashio Factory Cam Pulleys
- Greddy Emanage + Tune

One of the significant changes to the car at this stage is the shimmed diff. The week before septembers winton practice day Dazza & I prop'd the car up and pulled the diff out in order to spend an entire 3 - 4 hours attempting to put the diff back together with the extra shimmed ring, by increasing the standard shim of 2.3mm to 4.2mm. We managed to do it! one month later & the diff still feels like a locker (skipping every corner).

Not only was the diff shimmed but I had Trent tune the car with the Greddy Emanage a couple of nights before winton. He managed to scavange a staggering 156.7rwkw at 10psi in comparison to 143.9rwkw at 10psi. It now has more top end torque & a little more power which was fantastic for winton. The boost couldn't be raised anymore than 10psi due to the bleed-valve being the boost controller, i'll be changing over to a Blitz id3 electronic boost controller after the alarm & bearings are done.

Lately things have been going slow, loss of job has forced me to return to the job I initially resigned from (BMW). Money is slowly building but as for further modification I would have to say is on hold at this point in time, until I have enough funds (in a months time) to purchase another vechile as a daily driver.. using the 180sx on a daily basis is far too unpractical, especially with the rollcage and straight exhaust on.

In the next week or two I should have the new alarm installed.. Yes i've finally taken the plunge and decided to purchase a VIPER alarm w/remote start & GPS tracking. I've learnt my lesson, so i'm no longer taking any chances. Once the alarm is sorted i'll be getting the rear brakes, bearings & studs sorted along with the purchase of a new dump & front pipe.
Until then, Takecare & I hope this update has kept you entertained!



Note - An enormous shoutout goes to daz, trent, vu & all of those that have assisted in help up to this point.

No comments: